TKO Tinting usually takes 2-3 hours to tint a car, depending on the make and model of the vehicle and is available Monday-Friday 7:30-5:30. For the best job, most cars require the door trim or top rubber on the trim to be removed. This is not a problem for us as we have all the tools, knowledge and experience to do this perfectly. Extreme care is taken on tinting all types of vehicles and all jobs are custom fitted – right to the edge.
3M Car Window Tinting
3M invented window tint in 1966 and their innovative products have provided protection from the sun’s harmful rays for almost 50 years.
Whether you’re looking for breakthrough heat-rejection technology in a clear film or simply to minimise the harmful effects of the sun, 3M Car Window Films are an ideal choice. While comfort and style are paramount, our non-metallised window tint options can also help you stay connected and protected with an official rating of UPF factor 50 +. Put the innovation of 3M to work for you.
All Automotive films will have different properties, from light to dark films, reflective or not, this will also be effected by the glass in your vehicle.
Please ensure you understand the local tint laws or ask TKO Tinting to ensure compliance before selecting any 3M Automotive tint film.
Types of 3M car tint we use & recommend
3M™ CRYSTALLINE AUTOMOTIVE WINDOW FILMS
- The ultimate in high technology, offering clear film technology with outstanding heat rejection to create the perfect film for high end cars
- Maintains car’s original appearance: lightly tinted films allow 40% to 90% of the sunlight into your car
- Improves comfort: rejects up to 97% of the sun’s IR rays and rejects up to 60% of the heat coming through your windows
- No signal interference: Crystalline films are non-metallised
- Interior protection: blocks up to 99.9% of harmful UV rays to reduce fading of your car’s interior
- UV/Skin protection: provides SPF of over 1000, a Skin Cancer Foundation recommended product
- Never turns purple: guaranteed for the life of the film
3M™ COLOR STABLE AUTOMOTIVE WINDOW FILMS
- Patented 3M nano-carbon polyester technology provides excellent heat rejection combined with a tinted factory glass look
- Glare reduction: window tint allows only 5% to 50% of the light into your car
- Improves comfort: rejects up to 57% of the heat coming through your windows
- No signal interference: Color Stable films are non-metallised
- Interior protection: blocks up to 99% of harmful UV rays to reduce fading of your car’s interior
- UV/Skin protection: provides SPF of up to 1000, a Skin Cancer Foundation recommended product
- The name says it all: never turns purple, guaranteed for the life of the film